Thursday, October 13, 2011

staying connected when in transit...

I know many of you are mobile, quite frequently...  savvy with i-phones and have travel blogging down pat. I had a mobile for two days on arrival in the UK ...but then it hasn't worked since Cornwall. So I lost interest and kept at my laptop for communications but now thats not doable...so this is a quick post to say that I may not be blogging much over the next few weeks. No Wifi at the current base so no laptop ... although the library is very accessible ... but not having been a PC-user these past few years I'm definitely a little rusty and shocked to remember how different things are between  pc's and macs!

I've set up a small temporary studio here which is excellent for my purposes. Pop over to the homage blog for more info on where I'm staying and what I'm up to here.... I've taken lots of photos but as I can't use my laptop I've not worked out how to connect photos to blogs yet.ont have a lot of time really ... thats the point... on to painting and such!  Keeping up with emails is now ten times as complicated... dont ask... I told you I was inept on PC's!

My apologies to all the lovely bloggers who pop in...i'm failing to return the visits at the minute... I will be back and miss you all!


The gardens near the Mansion on site where I'm presently staying!
This photo was found here... with other photos you might want to see. I will get to post my own photos soon I'm sure... bye for now,
Sophie

9 comments:

ronnie said...

I'm sure you're having a blast! I know just what you mean about not grasping PCs (I've SEEN a PC ..... but didn't dare touch it... I thought it would probably explode..... they're touchy little buggers!!!!) I've only used macs and apple products so I'm totally baffled by non-apple things....

almost as baffling is the whole mobile blogging thing..... there IS a useful little blogger app now available at i-tunes - and I found this helpful to blog from my i-phone..... but its nowhere near as comprehensive or easy as a desktop/laptop.

I'll wait for when you reach a spot where you can catch us up on all the good things you've been seeing and doing - have fun!

Andrea said...

We understand Sophia thanks for the article I just started a mosaic blog I am trying to find similar blogs to comment on and leave my link. This was my sons suggestion and he did not say it would be this difficult lol. Well if you have a moment please give me a visit.

Mlle Paradis said...

lovely lovely! catching up with you a bit everywhere!

Yvonne Anderson said...

Typing on a PC now is like using my thumbs to write! Have fun in the U.K :)

ArtPropelled said...

Just enjoy every moment because the time will fly. You can always email and catch up with blogs when you get back.

india flint said...

looks like a gorgeous spot

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Hope the trip is going well apart from the technical glitches Sophie. I'm off to the other blog to see where you are now! Lesley

em said...

sophie, i'm really enjoying tidbits from your trip! Sorry to hear about the computer problems! the trip looks lovely and wonderful.

Sophie Munns said...

Hello all you lovely people.
Great to read your comments and thanks for the messages ... its cheering indeed.
Been working flat out all day ...studio desk and library. Pulled out so many books i'd like to read if only i could drink it all in somehow.
Lunch was in the Gardens restaurant... being Sunday, autumnal and grey I thought a wonder over to a hot lunch would be good and it was pleasant... old english style food!
Sun was out so itr was quite cheeriong even though the whole weekend passed in a working blur!
S x